Sunday, June 1, 2014

Loaf Pan Lasagna

You may have noticed I've haven't been very on top of my blog for the last couple of weeks. I am currently studying for probably the biggest test of my life, so I've been a little preoccupied elsewhere. Only a little over a week more of studying and I'll be back for real! After sitting at my computer for 8-10 hours a day the last thing I feel like doing most nights is spending more time on my computer working on my blog. But I thought I had to put something up so it doesn't look like I dropped of the face of the earth completely. 

There's no recipe on this post, it's more of an idea really. Making loaf pan lasagnas has become one of my favorite ways to use up leftovers. Its fun and tasty and the perfect size. It's also a great way to use up the few lasagna noodles that always seem leftover when you make a loaf of lasagna. I never seem to use up the whole box and then there are a couple sheets hanging around the pantry for months. Well not anymore. Layer them up in a loaf pan with whatever you like and voila, dinner!


I've made several different versions of this over the past few months, and you can really use anything you have in your fridge. Anything that might work on a sandwich or a pizza seems to work great in a lasagna. Some of the variations I've tried are chicken cordon bleu (leftover chicken, a little ham and swiss cheese), a Mexican inspired lasagna with black beans, salsa and cheddar, and a white lasagna with spinach and ricotta. They've all been delicious and super fun to make. I think they usually end up baking for 20-30 minutes at around 375 degrees, but they're all a little different. Keep and eye on them and take them out when they look done. Let them cool a little before cutting to make your life a little easier, then dig in! This is the perfect place to let your imagination go wild!!




No comments:

Post a Comment